Single Window – Is your Broker ready?
URGENT SERVICE NOTICE
SINGLE WINDOW IID TRANSMISSIONS
Is your Customs Broker ready for April 1st?
The CSCB spoke with CFIA regarding the date of April 1 for mandatory use of the IID service option for goods regulated by CFIA.
For Customs Brokers that cannot use IID for CFIA (all programs), Transport Canada (Tires Program), and NRCan (Energy Efficiency Program) regulated goods, the only other available service option as of April 1 2019 is a paper release.
They have asked that those Customs Brokers who are able to use the IID begin to do so as soon as possible. If your Customs Broker is not yet processing your entries IID you should be aware that your entries will be required to be transmitted IID as of April 1st or THEY WILL BE SENT AS A PAPER ENTRY.
CFIA has advised that only 20% of all CFIA release requests are sent via IID as of March 7,2019.
The time that will be required for CFIA to process these paper entries will be detrimental to timely clearance so we hope that you and your Customs Broker have a solution in place.
- Animal Health (including Terrestrial Animal Health, Aquatic Animal Health, and Veterinary Biologics)
- Fertilizer Safety
- Food (including Agri-food, Fish and Seafood, Meat, Imported and Manufactured Food)
- Plant Health
- Plants with Novel Traits
- Energy Efficiency
- Reduced time in processing one import transaction.
- Streamlined submission process; a single release service option for both pre and post arrival processing.
- Consistency in decisions through the use of automated business rule validation.
If your Customs Broker is not ready, please reach out to us, we have been fully operational on IID since our doors opened! Our staff and our IT team are fluent in the requirements for IID transmissions and are prepared to assist with clearances for those companies that are in need of a new solution.