Are you in the market to purchase a vehicle and you want to purchase one from the United States? Please note, before you buy there are some regulations that you should be aware of. Some US vehicles are NOT allowed to be imported to Canada, so make sure you know before you buy.
Where to find out if the vehicle you want is allowed to be imported into Canada?
To obtain detailed information on the entire process to follow when importing a vehicle purchased in the United States, please visit the Web site of the Registrar of Imported Vehicles.
Other things to consider:
- RIV Fees/Exemptions
- Recall Clearance Documentation
- Vehicle Modification Requirements
- Vehicle Branding History
- Export from the USA and AES filing requirements
- RIV payment and Inspection prior to Insurance
- Transportation of the Vehicle and/or Binders Insurance
- Is the vehicle over 25 years old?
- Is it a parts car or on a salvage title
If you would like our assistance in determining if a vehicle is allowed to be imported or assistance with any portion of the process in getting the vehicle from the US to your driveway, please let us know, we are happy to help.
Vehicle Importing Form
Receive your free consultation today